Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
California Marriage License
What You Will Need To Obtain A Marriage License In California
The forms of identification below contain both the photo and birth date
Each Person Must Bring One Of The Following
ALL IDENTIFICATION MUST BE CURRENT AND NOT EXPIRED
EXPIRED ID WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IN ANY CASE
The Couple MUST appear TOGETHER at the same place and the same time
Both MUST be over 18. If under 18 a court order must be obtained.
(This type of license can only be issued by the County)
MUST have current valid Government issued photo identification
The forms of identification MUST contain both your photo and birthdate
Both MUST be unmarried. If in the last two years you were previously married or in a domestic partnership,
a copy of your divorce decree, annulment decree or death certificate or SDRP termination will be required.
The purpose of identification presented by individuals purchasing a marriage license is twofold: namely, to prove the individual is who he/she claims to be and that he/she is of legal age to marry in this state.
You do not have to be a resident of California or a resident of The United States, Anyone from anywhere in the world with proper Identification can marry in California, No blood test or health certificate is required,
No pre-marital counseling is required, No wait period.
Acceptable Forms of Identification for Marriage License
must have Photograph and Birthdate and MUST be Valid In Date
- State Driver's License or State Identification Card
- International Driver's Licenses
- Mexican National Electoral Card
- Any Country Driver's License or Identification Card NOTE: If ID does not have a date of birth, they will require your birth certificate (Translated/Notarized, if required)
- Passport or Passport Card (US)
- If Passport is not in English, translation is required and must be notarized
- If Passport expired but Visa is valid, it is still NOT acceptable
- Permanent Registration Alien Card and Certificate of Naturalization
- (Border Crossing Card is NOT acceptable)
- Matricula Consular: for Argentina, Mexico, Peru and Korea do not require a Birth Certificate
- Matricula Consular will be acceptable only if all of required information is on the card,
- Date of birth and picture
- Consular Card: for other countries will require a birth certificate.
- Translated/Notarized required if not in english
For Complete Details Contact Your Local County Marriage License Office